People / Km2
Henry Farm is a neighbourhood in the City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in the north central part of the city within the former city of North York....Read More
Henry Farm is bounded on the north by Sheppard Avenue East, on the east by Highway 404, on the south by Highway 401, and on the west by the Don River (East Branch). The Don Mills subway station and the Fairview Mall shopping centre are located just to the north east of the neighbourhood. Don Mills Road divides the Parkway Forest neighbourhood from the Henry Farm community to the west. It is served by the Henry Farm Community Interest Association.
The City of Toronto has officially designated the neighbourhood of Henry Farm to encompass a smaller neighbourhood, Parkway Forest, between Don Mills Road and Highway 404.
Henry Farm is home to Shaughnessy Public School of the Toronto District School Board....Read More
Children who live in Henry Farm neighbourhood attend the following local schools:
- Public elementary schools (Grades 1-8): Shaughnessy Public School,
- Public elementary schools (Grades 1-6): Forest Manor Public School (in Parkway Forest),
- Public junior high school (Grades 7-9): Woodbine Junior High School (in The Peanut)
- Public high schools (Grades 9-12): George S. Henry Academy, Georges Vanier Secondary School (in The Peanut)
- Catholic school: St. Timothy's Catholic School (in Don Valley Village).
Henry Farm was settled in 1806 by Henry Mulholland, a native of Clones, County Monaghan, Ireland. He later sold the farm, but his great-grandson, George Stewart Henry, reacquired it in 1898. Henry was the tenth Premier of Ontario from 1930-34. Ten days before his death in 1958, Henry sold his farm for C$2 million to the developers of the present-day neighbourhood. Henry's house, called Oriole Lodge, still stands as a private residence at 17 Manorpark Court....Read More
Henry Farm was developed into a housing subdivision in the 1960s. Most of the neighbourhood consists of low density suburban housing. Along the northeast and southeast are townhouse developments. The latter are primarily social housing. There are also two high-rise apartment buildings, Havenbrook Towers, at the southeast corner.
There is one church, located at 80 George Henry Boulevard, which houses the St. Matthew the Apostle, Oriole Anglican Church of Canada congregation. The church was built in 1969 and dedicated on January 25, 1970. The site was shared with the Covenant United Church. Covenant United Church amalgamated with Donway United Church in 1992, and moved out of Henry Farm.